Organizations / ICCSIR
Indian Centre for Climate and Societal Impacts Research (ICCSIR)
ICCSIR is a non-profit organization registered under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 (presently, Section-08 of Indian Companies Act, 2013).Vision
An integrated, multidisciplinary approach to research in the science of climate evolution and in societal adaptation to climate evolution is necessary for socio-economic and political stability of the global society in the 21st century.Goal
- Weather forecasts and agro-advisory for village/Taluka with the network of Automatic Weather Stations (AWS).
- Long term predictions and their impacts on climate variability/ changes and on water and food security, vector-borne diseases (such as malaria), economy, and society.
- Understanding applicability of climate science research in addressing climate-related societal issues; by organizing workshops with farmers other stake holder.
ICCSIR had successfully completed scientific research projects funded by different government agencies :
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
For more detail visit www.iccsir.org